How to hide apps from Programs and Features
In this article, you will learn how to hide any apps from the list of installed programs in the Control Panel. These instructions are applicable to all Windows versions, from Windows XP to Windows 10.
Suppose, our task is to hide Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0. Open the Control Panel -> Programs and Features, and make sure that the record Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0 is in the list of the installed programs.
To hide said program from this list, you have to make some changes into the registry. To do so follow the steps given below.
- Open the Registry Editor by holding Windows + R button together, Run window will be open. Now type “Regedit” (Without quotes), and press enter.
- Now in registry editor window go to:
[mks_icon icon=”fa-lightbulb-o” color=”#1e73be” type=”fa”] If your targeted application is installed under user rights, then you have to go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall If your targeted application is a 32-bit app, and your OS is a 64-bit in this case you will need to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
- Find the branch with your application name. (In my case, the branch name and the name of the program in the list — Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0 — are the same.)
- Create a DWORD parameter with the name SystemComponent and the value will be 1: «SystemComponent»=dword:00000001
- Refres the Programs and Features (F5). The record Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0 should disappear from the list. That’s it.
- Refres the Programs and Features (F5). The record Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0 should disappear from the list.
- If you want to hide a program script, you can use the following command:REG ADD “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0” /v SystemComponent /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
[mks_icon icon=”fa-lightbulb-o” color=”#1e73be” type=”fa”] You can use an alternate way to hide a program. To do this, you just have to change the name of the DisplayName key to “QuietDisplayName” (Without typing quotes).
I hope, now after reading this post “How to hide apps from Programs and Features” you will be able to hide apps/programs from the list of the installed apps/programs.