How to hide apps from Programs and Features
In this article, you will learn how to hide any apps from the list of installed programs in the Control Panel. These instructions are applicable to all Windows versions, from Windows XP to Windows 10.
Suppose, our task is to hide Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0. Open the Control Panel -> Programs and Features, and make sure that the record Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0 is in the list of the installed programs.
To hide said program from this list, you have to make some changes into the registry. To do so follow the steps given below.
- Open the Registry Editor by holding Windows + R button together, Run window will be open. Now type “Regedit” (Without quotes), and press enter.
- Now in registry editor window go to:
- Find the branch with your application name. (In my case, the branch name and the name of the program in the list — Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0 — are the same.)
- Create a DWORD parameter with the name SystemComponent and the value will be 1: «SystemComponent»=dword:00000001
- Refres the Programs and Features (F5). The record Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0 should disappear from the list. That’s it.
- Refres the Programs and Features (F5). The record Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0 should disappear from the list.
- If you want to hide a program script, you can use the following command:REG ADD “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0” /v SystemComponent /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
I hope, now after reading this post “How to hide apps from Programs and Features” you will be able to hide apps/programs from the list of the installed apps/programs.